Monday, September 17, 2012

The Proposal at The Lantern

 

 

Singapore in July 2012

We went to Singapore just in time for my birthday. It was a wonderful, unusual  celebration for the past 33 years of my life.

Changi Airport, Singapore in July 2012 Singapore in July 2012

July 23rd, my birthday after a quick visit at the Philippine Embassy in Singapore, we traveled all the way to Resorts World Sentosa.

Universal Studios SingaporeSentosa

He had been to Singapore a couple of times, it’s actually his 4th so it never became a problem with places to visit, he’s quite familiar in Singapore. One thing I made sure to try is their authentic Singaporean cuisine, one is the Bak Kut Teh.

Bak Kut Teh

Then, there’s something that looks like omelet, the famous Hainanese Chicken, Singaporean coffee and desserts. The best part of traveling is you’ve got to taste variety of food.

Ice Kachang

We had a great time at Universal Studios Singapore, a day is not enough though. I wanted to stay more at Sentosa. Lake of Dreams is so astounding and of course the Merlion beautiful.

We took Sentosa express all the way to Vivo City and spent an hour at Singaporean Food Republic having ice kachang.

Our next stop was Clarke Quay. I was expecting that we’ll stay here longer. It’s a very nice place especially at night for romantic river cruise. By the way, our first dinner was at TCC in Clarke Quay. 

Clarke Quay, Singapore in July 2012Clarke Quay, Singapore in July 2012

Unfortunately, we were not able to catch the last schedule (9:30pm) of the river cruise so we ended up spending few minutes at the riverbank, we regret not arriving earlier!

Just when I thought the day was over, he invited me to go to Lantern located at top of the Fullertone Bay Hotel. It’s a rooftop bar and stylish pool enthralling panoramic views of the Marina bay waterfront and  Singapore skyline. Tired and a little upset missing the river cruise, I started to become irritated.  

Not comfortable wearing shorts and flats in a hotel, all my gadgets already run out of battery!  It was a great opportunity to take photos overlooking Marina Bay. 

Just when I started complaining he knelt and started reading something from his iPad. “What is going on? What is this?” I asked him.

Rooftop of Lantern Hotel

“will you marry me?” he said.

Rooftop of Lantern Hotel, Singapore

I cannot explain how I feel, overwhelmed, happy, excited! Perhaps, it came at the time I do not expect. Of course, I said “yes”!

IMG_0755

Lantern is beautiful, an elegant place. An elegant place where you can enjoy delectable gourmet snacks and signature cocktails, wines and other beverages. That evening, I had a glass of Margarita.

Thank God, we still had few photos taken from his iPad. Most of all, I cannot forget Germalaigne, one of them who witness the romantic proposal. She’s a Filipina working at Lantern. She attended to us and offered to take our photo using her mobile phone.

The ProposalPhoto taken the next day at Marina Bay Sands

Let me end this post with this message. “Ladies, watch out for signs of possible wedding proposal. Base on my experience, I observed  that he suddenly became “really” concerned about the details –  time and place. He’s worried that we might not be able to spend my birthday at Sentosa, afraid that we might end up spending it with a relative in Singapore. Just before we left the hotel, he also noticed my attire – shorts, plain blouse and sandals. I found out he wanted me to wear semi-formal instead. Semi formal at Universal Studios? You may want to check out what he wore that day, long sleeve polo and pants! There could be moments that are tiring and frustrating and maybe it’s because his plans are not working. Just go with the flow.  Boyfie wanted the proposal at the river cruise at Clarke Quay but we missed the last trip. It could be so romantic but he’s ready for plan B which is at the Lantern, Fullertone Bay overlooking Marina Bay. Finally, when he’s down on one knee and hold your left hand, prepare with your “Yes” or “No”.  

7 comments:

  1. Ouch, there was an option for a "no"? :P LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buti na lang di ka naging super irritated, cuz, baka no pa nasagot mo. Hahahaha. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, naku super irritated, to the highest level pagsusuplada ko that moment but it end up ako din nairita at nahiya sa pagsusungit ko! I'm not observing him kasi and didn't see the signs... lol!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How romantic! Congrats again, Ate Marj and Jonel! *excited*

    ReplyDelete