Monday, September 24, 2012

Choosing the Wedding Date


Choosing a wedding date comes immediately after the man proposed. You talk about the “big day”. Timing is very essential. You need to consider a lot of factors. Also, you need ample time to prepare.
Choosing The Wedding Date

Ladies, we should not stress ourselves preparing for our wedding day. There are people willing to help. You have your family and friends, seek advise. With the technology nowadays, we can easily come up with brilliant ideas and lovely themes from people who shared their own wedding stories. A friend even told me that I should be enjoying this stage.

In this blog, I am sharing how we chose our wedding date.

I never thought it would be too soon though, we talked about the new life we are about to have - as husband and wife.

It became our topic even at the early stage of our relationship. He said he wanted to settle within the year but I never believed him. I didn’t see signs or maybe I was just busy with other things that I didn’t notice.
Choosing The Wedding Date
Immediately, the night after the proposal we talked about the '”special day”. We both agreed to have it on December 9 although we also considered December 12 (12-12-12). Then, we thought of December 16, but that’s a week before Christmas and we don’t want to get rush on things, Aside from the fact that most of us are busy during this time of the year.

We thought it wasn't a good choice. For a December wedding, preparing for five months could also be stressful. Good thing one of his relatives suggested to move it on February, just in time for the Chinese New Year.

One of Jonel's relative who lives in Taiwan, who happened to be one of our sponsors and scheduled to come home by February for the Chinese New Year suggested a new schedule. It only shows that everything fits on this date, February 10, 2013.
 
Everyone agreed including me, so we choose February, on Chinese New Year.
Choosing The Wedding Date
It has a lot to do and with God’s blessings that we were able to accomplish one task at a time. We already booked our venue and choose our caterer. I’m almost finished with my entourage and sponsors. A few days ago, I went to a music store and got some wedding CDs.

As for the wedding themes and motifs I still can’t decide. I want ours to be simple but unique. What do you think?

1 comment: